Subtle Saturation Plug-In?

Seafroggys

Hey guys. So I've been recording a lot of guitar recently for my upcoming album. Guitarist is really great, has really great tone, but I'm looking to add a little bit more edge to what is already laid down (there's only so much a Fender Twin and Tubescreamer can do!). I've been trying out bootsy's TesslaPro Mk. II, which works great. Looking for other freeware ideas that can add a bit of distortion to an already overdriven track. Remember, subtlety is the key here, as I don't want to mangle an already great tone.

I actually prefer the FerricTDS from VOS over the Tesla stuff.

CamelCrusher is free and it can get as subtle or crazy as you want.

For extreme subtlety, I kind of like the Satson, though it isn't free ($39), it sounds really good. You can also push it if you want and it gets feisty.

+1 on the PSP Vintage Warmer. Great plugin.

Camel Crusher is cool and will do everything for subtle to distorted to hell.

Otherwise everything else i can think of is mac based i'm afraid :(

I've used Ferric for 2-buss, don't think its exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe saturation was the wrong choice of word....just want to add a bit of overdrive to an already overdriven guitar.

+1 for Vexengo - the Tubebaby is very small, very simple and very good but O.D'ing is a def possibility.

bootsy ferric TDS can be subtle & is a really cool free-plugin. voxengo tube amp is also nice. with saturation i typically try to find the tone i'm looking for & then blend it in parallel to taste. i also like fabfilter saturn which is extremly flexible.

Back