studio simplicities: check out my new studio desk. i got it real cheap!

jhira001

this desk is only $99 at staples. this is not an advertisement...just something that worked out perfectly for me. i may end up changing from my roland to a computer workstation. the gap between the monitors is 21.5 inches, and i think, is big enough to fit a rack (i don't have one) and a monitor on top. the pull out part under the main desk is my only real complaint. it's not quite as smooth as the store model. man how did they get theirs so smooth. works fine though.

since this picture i have added the auralex mopad. my crappy $50 chair doesn't go up far enough to be right online with the monitors so i added the mopad to angle them downward. the "monitor stand" is not really that high (40 inches). i just think my chair is cheap. then i guess there is the bonus with "monitor isolation" that the mopad gives you. modest improvement, but i do think there is slightly more punch in the low end. oh, yeah. had to put a board under my pads since the foam doesn't sit right hanging off the side of the desk. cost <$10.

if anyone else has found something (non-traditional and cheap) that worked out well for them i'd be interested in hearing.

Attachments

• desk6.jpg
    desk6.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 154
Back