SSL Public Beta testers needed.....

miroslav

Cosmic Cowboy
Got an email from SSL asking me to apply for their public beta test of some new Duende-based plugs.
It looks fairly simple....just need to use their plugs for a couple of weeks and then do a survey, and you get your choice of one plug for free at the end.
They have some sweet pulgs, and I wouldn't mind getting one for free, so I would do it....but they are only accepting Win7 or Win8 PC users and certain Mac users.
I'm still running XP for my DAW...so no point in me applying for the beta test.

Anyway, here's the info and the link to the application if anyone wants to go for it....they're only looking for the first 300 people that fit their application profile....so apply soon.

4482367_layer2.jpg
4482368_layer3.jpg
4482369_layer4.jpg

Here's the link to the application questionaire:

https://www.tfaforms.com/321041?dm_i=7YS,29XPG,7TARCO,88Z42,1

Thanks, I got that Email too, so I gave it a shot. I'd like one of those plugs too. We'll see what happens.

Not sure if the two are 100% the same.

I didn't read all the details...but I would think the Duende plugs are.....well plugs for any DAW, while the Reason stuff is specific only to Reason....?

Also...the Reason stuff is "modeled after", but it's not an "SSL" product....of course, that may not be much of an issue, I mean, any decent plug is a decent plug, just different flavors....but if you really want the *SSL* brand plug, then you wouldn't be getting it with Reason.

It's like hardware comps....there a bunch all "modeled after" the SSL 4000 G series, but only the real SSL comp can claim it's an SSL comp. :D

Anyway....how can you beat a free plug just for playing around with demos for a couple of weeks and doing a short survey! :cool:

Reason stuff is specific only to Reason....? Yes. That is why it is so awesome.

I am a Reason user but not a snob or geek. It just happened that I bought Reason at ver 2.5 because I liked the demo I saw on some tech show about 11 years ago. I used it primarily as a drum machine. But it has grown into quite the sweet little DAW. Back about 09 I was a beta tester for their audio app called Record at the time. They’ve since integrated all the SSL mixer stuff into Reason so it’s all one app now.
What I read on their forum from people much more into it than I am, says the integration of the SSL 9000K is very close to the real thing. So for a homie like me, that is way close enough.

I just thought the thread was funny, in that someone is mowing ground already cut by the Props.

I just thought the thread was funny, in that someone is mowing ground already cut by the Props.

Mmmm...I wouldn't really say that.
SSL is making it's own plugs....and they are native plugs that work on any DAW.
So you can't really say that Propeller head already "mowed that ground".

AFA plugs go in general....Propeller head wasn't the first to make plugs that are modeled after something. :)
There were other DAWs that came before...and really, just about every DAW has it's own plugs modeled after something.

Like I said...the cool thing here, is that SSL is giving away a free plug.

Back