spinning bottle

ollie44

Hi guys, i've been given a task at uni to record a spinning a bottle on concrete and see what kind of sounds i can make from this sound using plug ins etc ... i've already recorded it but when i add most effects, nothing seems to change too much?

I doubt you do, but does anybody know what might work/sound good?

help would be much appreciated

thanks

EQ it crazy like huge humps and huge gaps, and then run phase/chorus/flanger sort of things on it and see what happens. Maybe the crazy EQ will bring out some frequencies that the phasey effects will effect. compression and dynamic controls probably won't do a lot because I doubt there are a lot of dynamics in your spinning bottle.

Also, you could try slowing it down to see if changing the speed helps at all.

Good luck! I'd be curious to hear what you get.

A partially empty Tanqueray bottle makes a really cool sound when it bounces between two other glass containers a little bit. :cool:

You got to think outside the box.

What you need to do is keep the bottle still while spinning the floor it's on.

You got to think outside the box.

What you need to do is keep the bottle still while spinning the floor it's on.

That will be much easier if you empty the bottle first, if you know what I mean! :D

I like to add a little distortion before applying flangers, choruses, etc. It seems to make their effects more pronounced.

Most of your classmates will record the bottle spinning close. Wow everybody by using ambient/room mics to capture it: no close mics. Automate some volume swells and sllloooow step phaser. Boom. A+

Hi guys, i've been given a task at uni to record a spinning a bottle on concrete and see what kind of sounds i can make from this sound using plug ins etc ... i've already recorded it but when i add most effects, nothing seems to change too much?

I doubt you do, but does anybody know what might work/sound good?

help would be much appreciated

thanks

You guys play spin the bottle wrong. You're supposed to get to make out with chicks.

Add some EQ with something like a Q of 15 and boost it about 10 Db for what ever frequencies you choose, this creates some nice resonances and you could even apply some automation that sweeps it back and forth.

Warning: Not recommended for live sound use for obvious reasons.;)

Back