Sound Morphing Plugins?

RecordingMaster

A Sarcastic Statement
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone uses or has any suggestions for "sound morphing" plugins. What I mean by that, is a plugin/effect that can be applied to a waveform as an insert (no, not a midi/instrument track) and morph the life out of it until it is completely unrecognizable. An example of this would be Soundtoys Crystalizer, which I use often and love. When abused and pushed to the limits, you can get some really cool sounds that sound nothing like the original source.

This is super useful for a song that might be missing a little something. Let's say there's a very basic mix of just bass, drums, and 1 guitar. Did the band not record any pads or synths or other guitar parts? No problem, just grab a portion of something sung or played on guitar, morph the bejesus out of it on a separate track and blend it in underneath for a new tonal layer that sort of just fills things in.

The only other things I can think of that do the same when abused, are compressors, delays, phaser and filters. But at the end of the day, those still sound like the original sound, just compressed, dekayed, filtered or phased. It's like "oh that's a guitar track with a phaser on it". Or "oh thats a room mic track slammed with an 1176". etc. Ya know what I mean?

I just want to buy something other than Crystalizer that i can have fun and be creative with when needed/desired! :)
Suggestions please!

Examples of where I have grabbed a piece of material in a track that needed something, morphed it and blended it back in somewhere else in the song...

0:00-1:31 (synth sounding thing in background. This was originally a guitar track, now blended underneath original guitar): https://soundcloud.com/dieseldungeonstudio/never-been-one-diesel-junkies

0:37 - 0:55 (eerie pad thing was originally a guitar. This was going to be just bass/drums/vox but was a little too empty): https://soundcloud.com/dieseldungeonstudio/fire

1:52 - 2:07 (eerie sounding thing on the far left - a morphed copy [without tremolo] of the tremolo guitar on far right): https://soundcloud.com/dieseldungeonstudio/trench-foot-shuffle-diesel

the bass sounds awesome on "Fire" 0:23-0:28.
Could you cut out just that bit and let me play with it?

Dont know about plug-ins.

the bass sounds awesome on "Fire" 0:23-0:28.
Could you cut out just that bit and let me play with it?

Dont know about plug-ins.

Thanks man! You know what?.. that track has been mastered and released, so all of the session stuff and the single track folders are all stored on a separate hard drive that is currently not in use and in storage at a different location. So the trek to go dig it up and export it for you would be a little time consuming. Sorry, normally I'd love to share stuff like that and see what people make of it!

Anybody? Anything?

So either no one can can suggest a single thing (c'mon can't be THAt difficult to think of something) or no one wants to read my question... :rolleyes:

Back