software for creating "red book" spec master

flutemaker

helo folks.........is there a DAWs software program that will meet "red book" standards for the final master?........is there a software application that just works on the final mastering?

for examp;e i play a song ...........really like it and want to master it so that i can have them professionally reproduced.........so i want to master to red book specs right........?
which daws or red book soft ware does this? or do they all do it?
thanks for the help guys.........thid forum has really been helpful
flutemaker

wow. that WAS a fine article. A paraphrase, for the lazy....

"This would be a good time to clear up some of the mystery surrounding the term "Red Book." There is nothing special or magical about a so-called Red Book CD. A Red Book CD is an audio CD (CD-DA), period. When a software package claims to allow you to "burn Red Book audio CDs with precision," or that it is "fully compliant with Red Book specifications," that is merely a fancy way of saying that you can make an audio CD with it -- plain and simple! It doesn't mean anything more than that. It usually also means that you can independently set your own track IDs (sometimes referred to as PQ editing), but that's not necessarily the case. Because of marketing mumbo-jumbo like this, I've seen beginners needlessly confused into asking questions like "How do I convert an audio CD into Red Book format?" or "I have software that makes great audio CDs, but I'm not sure if it's Red Book compliant." Thanks to this article, you are now armed with the knowledge necessary to see through sales hype like this!"

Ibid.

xoox

red book

i read the entire article last night........it was very informative.......so apparently all audio cds are red book.............man have i been confused...........the studios make such a fuss over those two words.........and then hand you the bill...........be well and thanks
flutemaker

Back