smart people please help!

musicsdarkangel

I'm in n-track, i select clicktrack in the n-track metranome thingy, and test it. It says error opening midi-out device. I have a delta 66 (omni studio package) soundcard, and I just can't get the click track to work, and I can't really do it in logic audio either.

I can do it in cubase, but it's an audio click. Is there a way to get an audio click in n-track.

Is there a way I can fix this problem? It's sorta pissin me off, I have the latest driver, and I tried reconfiguring the midi garbage in n-track's preferences, but I only have one choice.

I don't believe the Delta has any internal midi source. Just a midi "through" connection. You need a playback source to be able to hear the midi sounds. Does your computer have a second sound card? Maybe you could use that as your midi source.

yes i beleve i have another soundcard.

Sorry about the double post.

Is there a program or anything I can get to fix this?

I'm not a smart person with computers.

Or maybe a cheap soundcard?

It's very likely that you could use the existing 2nd sound card, assuming it has midi capabilities (most of the ones supplied with computers do).

I guess the first question is whether your second sound card is enabled and is it connected into your speaker system. That might be all you need to do in order to use it.

Another alternative, if is not hooked into your speaker system, is to use a DXi synth, and play it back as audio through your main sound card. Unfortuntely I don't use N-Tracks, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how to do this with N-Tracks. Maybe someone else can.

Back