Replacing a Tweeter

panoramical

Hi there

The tweeter on one of my Behringer Truth B2031a's has packed up. I know where you can get a replacement from, but are they easy to fix, and would I be able to fix it myself, considering I'm not physics genius? Are they generally easy to replace?

Thanks

It depends how much experience you have with that sort of thing!
You must obviously know how a speaker works before trying or at least have instructions
and you should have some sort of experience with wiring stuff etc.

Id say go for it if you think you can do it. But then again I tend to jump into things head first regardless of experience!

tweeter replacement is easy... just take note of which connector is pos/neg... ya dont want to wire it back out of phase... depending on the age of the speaker ya may want to consider replaceing both so the pair will be identicle...

The only potentially hard part would be how much stuff you have to move out of the way to get at the tweeter mount, and that's most likely just a matter of whether you need to take out six screws or ten (hypothetical example numbers only). If you can use a screwdriver and a pair pf pliers or forecips (for pulling the leads off the speaker terminal), you can probably do the job in a few minutes.

There is an outside chance that the leads to the tweeter may be soldered, but that is rather rare these days. But even if they were, that's a quick and easy thing also.

G.

Back