Question about Free Ear Training Resources Online

• Thread starter Deleted member 203901
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 203901

Hi there,

Just wanted to ask here if anyone knows about some great free ear training resources available online for developing/practicing audio engineers? For instance, I recently found a free ear training resource on the Puremix website (found on their features tab) where a pink noise is played and you have to guess which frequency it is (or frequency range??). Could you share any other free ear training resources online that help with developing a good ear for hearing/distinguishing things like compression, loudness, distortion, panning, etc? Thanks in advance!

In my humble opinion, surely these are all things you learn yourself aren't they? Everything is available in your own chosen DAW. Surely you just pick a frequency, and 'learn' it?. Take some music and listen as it distorts? I simply would not be able to use somebody else's resource because it's uncontrolled and unexplained. Teach yourself, and learn properly.

In my humble opinion, surely these are all things you learn yourself aren't they? Everything is available in your own chosen DAW. Surely you just pick a frequency, and 'learn' it?. Take some music and listen as it distorts? I simply would not be able to use somebody else's resource because it's uncontrolled and unexplained. Teach yourself, and learn properly.

Thanks rob aylestone, yes that's a great idea as well.

Back