ProTools 9 Reverb Plugins sound awful

rbnalv7

So I'm still using ProTools 9 'cos I'm comfortable with it and I don't see myself needing much in the future anyway. One problem though is that the stock plugins sound fucking AWFUL. Are there any ways round this?

I've started using a bit of reverb on my amp as well as a tiny bit of analogue delay to add a touch of 'air' or whatever, but has anybody been stuck with useless plugins and got around it?

Awful? Really?
I've never had a problem with the Dverb plugin.

Admittedly I use Waves plugs partly because I paid for them and partly because I like the eq built into the rverb, but I don't think Dverb sounds awful.

Fwiw you're not stuck. You can get plenty of free, or paid, reverb plugins to use with PT9.

Awful? Really?
I've never had a problem with the Dverb plugin.

Admittedly I use Waves plugs partly because I paid for them and partly because I like the eq built into the rverb, but I don't think Dverb sounds awful.

Fwiw you're not stuck. You can get plenty of free, or paid, reverb plugins to use with PT9.

The D-Verb is okay, it's better than some of the reverbs in Logic X but I still use it and it just feels kinda "meh" yknow? It sounds alright if you're using it on a bussed aux track with a bit ofcompression on it.

Hey, fair enough. If you don't like it, you don't like it. :)

Have a google. I found a few pages not long ago that listed free (legal) plugins for PT.

Try the Nebula plugins, although I hear it can get pretty cpu hungry if you aren't careful

If reverb isn't processed, regardless of the plugin, it'll sound less than great. Try adding in a high pass filter and high shelf cut if you haven't already

Back