Pm-1800

ellery

I'm looking at a PM-1800 for my studio. Has anyone worked with one of thease? Everyone i have talked to Liked them The config is 16 inputs 4 directouts per channel 4 inserts per channel. 8x8 matix. 8 aux sends. My only issue is the fact it weights 150 pounds... plus 40 for each PSU

Ellery

I used to work on a PM1800 all the time. I certainly do not remember having 4 direct outs and 4 inserts per channel. In fact, I have never seen an analog console set up like that.

What I do know is that the PM1800's sound decent, and are pretty inexpensive nowadays. They certainly don't have that warmth that the PM1000 and PM2000's do, but then they are designed and built quite differently. Also, they are not the quietest boards, but the preamps and EQ's are very usable. Much better than the run of the mill stuff nowadays. The PM1800 is also a modular board which is nice should you need to clean pots or send in channels for repairs.

Yep you are correct i leyed eye's on it today. it has one direct out and one insert. it sounded clean to me but i want to scope it. the board is in good shape would about a grand be right?

Ellery

Back