Please critique my mix! (Metal-ish)

Guitar on the left overpowers the guitar on the right to where you mostly only pay attention to the one on the left. Is there a bass guitar? I couldn't really hear any bottom to the song but I have crappy headphones here at work so that might be it. But I dig the tune :D

Thanks man, I’ll take that into account & re-adjust those guitar levels!

I was quite scared of the low end of the mix, in the past I’ve always seemed to over-do it so I’m very cautious.
I'll try and get the bass guitar cutting through & filling out the low end a bit more to thicken things up!

Cheers bud,
James.

I think the drum mix is pretty solid, you could stand to bring the kick of just a tad (maybe cut the bass freq a tiny bit if you do, don't want to overpower, cust needs more "click"). And I think the bass guitar could stand a boost so you can hear of the actual instrument and not just the bass frequencies of it. The guitars sound pretty solid. i like how tight they are. The melodic vocals are a little dry, and the backing screams behind them could be raised. Maybe a little reverb or a slight decrese on volume.

Of course this is being quite nitpicky. The mix instelf is damn good. *thumbs up*

wishtheend said:
you could stand to bring the kick of just a tad
Not if he wants it to be hardcore like this. Keep it how it is. I do agree about bass though.

By the way, didn't I see this posted somewhere else? ;)

sounds pretty good, but I do agree that the left guitar overpowers the right. Volume on the bass should be raised, couldn't really hear it. As for the drums, boost the kick just a bit.

\m/

Back