ping pong delay question

scopus

hello often i use standard cubase ping pong delay loaded on a track and for mixing reasons if i want cant figure out how to switch the order of the ping pong. Say as it delays it pans left, right, left, right. What if i want it to pan right ,left, right, left?

only workaround i can think of is mono delay with manual pan work which is time consuming. Is there something im missing or some 3rd party simple ping pong delay that has this option to switch order?

I often use a loop as a delay. That way I get exactly how I want it. Then for the panning, you can just auto L/R. Might not be your thing, but I sometimes get better predictable results doing that way.

In Reaper we'd either just set the width on the track to -100% or change plugin routing pins to swap the output and maybe the input. I'm not sure you have those things in Cubase, but you can probably find a plugin to put after (and maybe before) the delay that will do it.

What it the right delay was set shorter than the left? Might that get it off in the right direction? IDK just a wild guess grins.

The ping-pong delay in Cubase 10 offers you the option to start with either left side or right side. I guess they heard your request before you even asked... :)

The ping-pong delay in Cubase 10 offers you the option to start with either left side or right side. I guess they heard your request before you even asked... :)

lol thats what i was looking for. Nice update they implemented to it. Was thinking of upgrading cubase as im still on 6, guess its time

thanks guys

yeah, I just upgraded from 7.5 a few weeks ago. Really haven't had the time to fully try the new version out.

Back