pc journey

match1982

I have been reading up on so many types of remixing software, tools, tricks, techniques and trying put down some tracks in several ways. Mind you, I am not trying to go all the way pro and not do what it takes. What I am trying to achieve is a fun state of remixing, where I can lay some tracks, share them with some friends and potential future partners and above all learn some stuff about remixing for real. Checked out Acid, saw some sequencers, samplers, equipment and got involved with the cool mixman studio. For all the stuff it does and the choices in sound files, it's a pretty cool little tool to have. Again, all the other tools in the market are also great for their particular, and I mean particular, purpose. I found the mixman, a user-friendly, innovative and above all superfun (my purpose) gadget. Overall, the transfering sound files is still kind of a struggle. I ask myself and try to ask on boards such as this the following question: If I am mixing some Techno tracks on a remixing software, would it be hard to actaully master it and lay it down on disc later? Are there problems relating to this kind of sound files, I mean MP3 and wav and Streamming audio when it comes to recording it onto cds?

Dear Match- It seem like you are in the middle of a lot of learning. I'd say don't jump around from tool to tool too much right now, stick with mixman, I know the product and I think it's good. Play around with it, if limitations arise, deal with them and always do a lot of research, for things get updated all the time and you may learn a lot in the process. Check out the mixman site for tech support. Don't be affraid to ask ANY kinds of questions. That is how I get around with whatever issue I encounter. Take care and happy mixing.

Back