Ozone Mastering Plug-In, worth it?

SBax

I've read all the initial posts on different boards about it but now that it's been out awhile is it still worth the $200? Since I cannot spring for the Waves price I would have to go with this or nothing. Of course I don't expect miracles and I think I've got a realistic view of what it can do. But since I could buy a C1 mike for the same money I am wavering. I've already got a large condenser mike but I think my mixes need that little extra polish more than a superior mike. Has anyone done different style music mastering with it? Would it work well on a range like acoustic ballads, hard rockers, indulgent multi-theme 20 min pieces? I know there is a demo but I hate demos and have had problems after actually buying the software with the demo on the machine. Should I push the buy button? Thanks for your opinion.

I have had ozone since they released it. Its been great for me to use after I finish tracking. They also give you a pretty good tutorial on how to use it, but it still takes a lot of experimenting. I find it well worth the money in my opinion. It really can add some sparkle to your mix, or bring out certain parts. Its certainly worth consideration. I'd like to try waves, but for now I'm very happy with ozone.

hello,

i'm was a beta tester for Ozone and i'd say it definitely hit it's mark. Ozone can be a great tool if used correctly. also, the documentation is pretty good.

it's benefit/cost is very high and i'd say a lot higher than WAVES products for Mastering.

-kp-

I know it's a mastering plugin, but would it be usable in the mixdown on a per-track basis?

You could but its not intended for that so you wont
benefit much on a single track

The reverb and the stereo image are really designed for the entire
mix to give that sparkle across the whole mix
and of course the maximizer

so your down with about half of it per track and you usually
dont use so much multiband effects on a single track

for mastering its has features you wont find in one package

my computer - PIII/600MHz/256Mb - is dying if I load the Ozone in a project with 16 tracks and effects
bizz

bizz I upgraded to celeron 1Ghz its worth the money

but you should overclock to around 750Mhz

or wait a while for the high end p4 that will come out soon

bambamle>>I don't know shit about computers - if I overclock, doesn't that mean I shorten the life of my motherboard ( yeah - go ahead and laugh :D ) I've been reading some articles on the subject, and that's the reason I haven't tried to do it
bizz

Sonixx said:
hello,

i'm was a beta tester for Ozone and i'd say it definitely hit it's mark. Ozone can be a great tool if used correctly. also, the documentation is pretty good.

it's benefit/cost is very high and i'd say a lot higher than WAVES products for Mastering.

-kp-

Huh? Using the C-4 with the L-1 plus the dithering program?

Back