Not the Right Bass

Android10

i am re-writing an electronic song i wrote about a year ago that i never liked.. i trashed most of the tracks except for a few of the ones that i actually liked. Problem is i cant mix the bass line in. it isn't sounding as integrated with the rest of the arrangement as i would like.

any tips?

any tips?
Yeah. Ask yourself if that bass line or the way in which it's played actually fits the song and have you become so attached to it that you can't let go even though it's at odds with the rest of the piece.
On a slightly arcane note, what do you actually mean by
cant mix the bass line in. it isn't sounding as integrated with the rest of the arrangement as i would like.
Do you mean the bass line is incongruous and way off base (pun part intended) ?

Assuming that the bass-line is OK musically, I would guess that it's got an odd tone to it that sticks out or something.
Best bet would be to post an mp3 in the mp3 clinic and ask for some feedback specifically about the bass.

i am re-writing an electronic song i wrote about a year ago that i never liked.. i trashed most of the tracks except for a few of the ones that i actually liked. Problem is i cant mix the bass line in. it isn't sounding as integrated with the rest of the arrangement as i would like.

any tips?

re-track the bass. :D

Sounds like this track is all about a fresh start anyway, so why try to run a new car with an old engine when you can go for a better one? Fighting to keep something that's not working may cost you more in the long run. Just saying :)

The bass line doesn't have any odd tones in it. It musically fits. And I probably would of posted it in the clinic but I forgot my soundclick password. Lol. Ill probably just figure it out later and post it in the clinic.

It's more an EQing problem I think. It seems like it's fighting with the rest of the song. And it always seems to stick out. But like one of you said, I might be just too used to hearing it without the bassline.

Sounds like this track is all about a fresh start anyway, so why try to run a new car with an old engine when you can go for a better one? Fighting to keep something that's not working may cost you more in the long run. Just saying

I like that idea..

Are you working on a DAW?

Does it have a Multimeter?

If so then load the multimeter on the master channel with the bass muted, then load it with the bass channel solo'd/on the bass channel, and see where the conflicting frequencies are.

Back