Not getting levels on my Behringer UB1002 fx Mixer

netrate

The mixer seems to be working. Phantom power light works, but I am not getting levels. I have it plugged into a XLR and then into the computer. When I try to set the clipping levels, the lights do not move. Any ideas?

The mixer seems to be working. Phantom power light works, but I am not getting levels. I have it plugged into a XLR and then into the computer. When I try to set the clipping levels, the lights do not move. Any ideas?
Can you clarify ware you are setting your levels?
What DAW you are using?
Did you install any drivers for the mixer?
Does your DAW recognize the mixer?

The Behringer UB1002fx does not have USB, please clarify your set up. Are you plugging a condensor mic into an input channel of the mixer (assume so)? How are you connecting to your computer?

The mixer seems to be working. Phantom power light works, but I am not getting levels.

Are you talking about levels on the mixer or on the computer?

have it plugged into a XLR and then into the computer.

What is 'it'? Is 'it' a microphone you have connected to the mixer via XLR? What sort of mike?

Or is 'it' the mixer that you have connected to the computer somehow? And if so, how?

When I try to set the clipping levels, the lights do not move. Any ideas?

How are you setting the clipping levels, and which lights do not move?

Possible start setting points. If using a dynamic with a Cloudlifter, FetHead, or other similar gain boost dvice, 48v phantom needs to be 'ON'.

Attachments

• behringer-eurorack-ub edit.jpg
    behringer-eurorack-ub edit.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 27
If the mixer cannot act as an audio interface, you need to purchase an audio interface. On-board sound chips do not cut it for these things.. You need an audio interface to go between your mixer and PC. Like one from MOTU, RME or Focusrite

Also, thank you for the many responses!

I am plugging in an XLR microphone Apex 435 condenser mic. When I turn on the Phantom Power button, I get it lighting up, so power is getting through ( I had to buy a replacement Behringer UB1002 Xeynx power adapter).

Unfortunately, I have noticed that I am not getting any power lights or level lights for the MAIN SECTION.

The mixer I have looks like this (I gave the wrong version of the mixer in the description, sorry about that - it is the UB1002 Xeynx):
xenyx.jpg

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the actual mixer because of this. Power is flowing through it because of the Phantom power working, but the POWER button and LEVELS (when using the mic, screaming into it ) do not light up.

I am plugging in an XLR microphone Apex 435 condenser mic. When I turn on the Phantom Power button, I get it lighting up, so power is getting through ( I had to buy a replacement Behringer UB1002 Xeynx power adapter).

Unfortunately, I have noticed that I am not getting any power lights or level lights for the MAIN SECTION.

The mixer I have looks like this (I gave the wrong version of the mixer in the description, sorry about that - it is the UB1002 Xeynx):

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the actual mixer because of this. Power is flowing through it because of the Phantom power working, but the POWER button and LEVELS (when using the mic, screaming into it ) do not light up.
Off hand looking at the service manual for the mixer, part of the internal power supply section in the mixer may have a problem. The light for the +48vdc phantom power is a different circuit than the +/- 15vdc power for the power light and the meters. I would believe the +/- 15vdc power section has a problem since the power light doesn't come on.

The power adapter you bought is the Behringer PSU3-UL?

Attachments

• mixer power.jpg
    mixer power.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 21

View attachment 104302

sounds like the power supply is broke or is not connected properly but
worst case the circuits inside are fried - just why did you need to buy a new power supply anyway ???

best case the power light is not working and you have some setting wrong

the manual says you need an mxlu5 adapter but amazon does say the psu3 works with that unit

how did you plug it into the computer? the problem may be in the computer end

did this thing ever work right for you ?
what changed ??

sounds like the power supply is broke or is not connected properly but
worst case the circuits inside are fried - just why did you need to buy a new power supply anyway ???

best case the power light is not working and you have some setting wrong

the manual says you need an mxlu5 adapter but amazon does say the psu3 works with that unit

how did you plug it into the computer? the problem may be in the computer end

did this thing ever work right for you ?
what changed ??
Sweetwater sells the OEM power supply that does have the MXLU5 number.
Behringer PSU5-UL | Sweetwater

......but it's not the PSU3-UL??????

Found a pic of the power supply box that shows UB1002 and PSU3-UL, so those should match up OK

netrate....
same question as mr average..... did the mixer ever work and did you buy a new power supply because it quit working?

Is the replacement a real Behringer one or a Chinese knockoff?
Make sure the power connector into the mixer is pushed all the way in.

Unless you have some experience repairing electronics stuff, probably you wouldn't be able to fix it yourself.

Attachments

• psu3-ul.jpg
    psu3-ul.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
  • psu5-ul.jpg
    psu5-ul.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 13
  • New-Behringer-PSU3-UL-Power-Supply-for-XENYX-502.jpg
    New-Behringer-PSU3-UL-Power-Supply-for-XENYX-502.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 71
Sweetwater sells the OEM power supply that does have the MXLU5 number.
Behringer PSU5-UL | Sweetwater

......but it's not the PSU3-UL??????

Found a pic of the power supply box that shows UB1002 and PSU3-UL, so those should match up OK

netrate....
same question as mr average..... did the mixer ever work and did you buy a new power supply because it quit working?

Is the replacement a real Behringer one or a Chinese knockoff?
Make sure the power connector into the mixer is pushed all the way in.

Unless you have some experience repairing electronics stuff, probably you wouldn't be able to fix it yourself.

the 5 puts out twice the amps as the 3

could that be the problem ?

with the 48v light on and main one off i tend to suspect other issues

now there were TWO connectors shown on the amazon PS unit
do you need to use both of them?
the behringer docs dont even have any pictures of the i/o or power connections

the 5 puts out twice the amps as the 3

could that be the problem ?

with the 48v light on and main one off i tend to suspect other issues

now there were TWO connectors shown on the amazon PS unit
do you need to use both of them?
the behringer docs dont even have any pictures of the i/o or power connections
Smaller mixer needs less amps and the pic of the Behringer PSU3-UL box shows the mixer the OP is using. You can always use a higher capacity power supply which is what the manual conveyed.
I have a feeling the OP got the replacement power supply thinking there was something wrong with the original with the problem he has.

"the behringer docs dont even have any pictures of the i/o or power connections"
The schematic I showed a few posts back has the pin numbers for the incoming plug/socket.

"Output 2" is 3vac. I've seen it speculated that was possibly for an accessory lamp for the mixers.

It was an older piece of equipment that didn't have the charger, so that is why I needed one. As I said the light goes on for the phantom power, so it is getting power from the adapter, but even without connecting it to the computer, the levels and the power button does not go on. I have not tried connecting it to a computer yet - are you thinking maybe the power/level light doesn't work, but the thing might still be working despite that?

Back