Noob plug-in problems and advice on plug-ins

Ibrow

Hey,

Another day, more problems. I downloaded the Classic Master Limiter as I saw a few people suggest that in another thread. Where do I put the .dll file? I put it in Soundforge's shared plug-in folder but I can never find it after opening Soundforge. Another plug-in, the RBC Pitch Corrector Pro or something, I download it, can access it in Sonar, but when I try to play the track, it only plays for a little bit, just enough to make a sound, then it pauses. If I deselect it, the track plays fine. ACK! I can't access it in Soundforge. What am I doing wrong with these things?

Also, anyone have any good, free, plug-in suggestions that they use? Limiters, compressors, reverb, etc. I have whatever Cakewalk and SF give you, but not much else.

Thanks.

If that's the same free Classic Mastering Limiter I'm using you need a VST adapter, I use Cakewalk VST Adapter (about $40).

Ed - Oh I see you have Sonar - if it's Sonar3 VST adapter comes with it. I put the .dll file in Program Files -> Steinberg -> Vstplugins and then run VST adapter (make sure that directory is known to VST adapter).

I don't know about Sound Forge - last time I talked to them (during SF 6 timeframe) and mentioned VST they wouldn't reply anymore...

Thanks Kylen! I'll try it in that directory.

I finally got the RBC corrector to open up in SF. Amazingly tough to do. A LOT of poking around. Now I can't get it to "work". It works, as in I can move knobs and change pitches, but I just don't understand it. Any ideas? I still get dropouts in Sonar with it though.

Thanks again.

Hi Ibrow - I guess it doesn't matter where you put a VST dll as long as you tell VST Adapter to look in that directory. I haven't used RBC corrector - I'm still trying to get Sonar3 to run smooth at 24/96 my buffer sizes on my audio card and Sonar3 are goofed up ...stutter dropout !
Good Luck

Back