Monitors and headphones..

nicolaad30

I've been looking for good studio headphones, and I've found some that cought my atention. These are the Fostex T-40RP (the one that I liked the most), the AKG K141 and the AKG K-240M. All them are 90 $ and I guess I won't spend much more than that on headphones.

On the range of monitors, I've found the Alesis Passive Monitor 1 MKII very consistent and well built. Well, also on this, I don think I may spend more than 200 $ on monitors, so if you kno a pair that is worth less than 200 $ and better than the Alesis one, please tell me and recomend me another if you think this ones socks.

Thanks for your help...

akg

I have the akg 240m. very comfortable and have lasted me ten years, still good. I like the open style. I've tried closed and they have the sea shell effect. You can hear a concentration of sound with no signal present. That made me wonder how that would effect audio in that shape. They're also easy to slide one side off a little to hear some room sound. Seen em used in studios a lot.

I sold the AKG240's, the Fostex's and the Sony MDR7506's most commonly when I worked at a boutique gear store.

the AKG's are flat (and quiet), the sony's have a weird inverted U shape to them that you either love or hate. For big heads, they can be uncomfortable because they clamp pretty tight.

The Fostex were comfortable. nice and loud.

I suppose comfort was a bit of an issue in my choice
(that, plus me being slightly swayed by the millions of videos you see with artists wearing them in the studio. "We Are the World" and "Party all the Time" are two that come to mind...)). soooo, I own two pairs of AKG's.

whew.

Back