mixing feedback required

Juan Albertsen

Hi! My name is Juan, I'm from Argentina and i'd like to recieve some feedback about my first rock mix!

I think I'm having some troble with guitars and drums...

Thaaank you!!

Juan :D

Attachments

• Rolando MIX1.mp3
    7 MB · Views: 46
Strictly speaking the mix sounds decent, sounds like you used good gear. I'd say you did a good job on the overall balance of the respective elements.

You specifically asked about the mix - of course mixing is different than mastering. It needs tweaking.

I played with it a little in SoundForge - first a graphic EQ to boost some of the highs, cut back below about 90hz, boosted 90 to 175 or so with a peak around 110hz, then applied some multiband compression at the guitar solo to tame the spikes in EQ, applied a mild amount of a function in SoundForge they call "Smooth/Enhance" that works some kind of black magic on the highs. The only volume level manipulation I did was back it off to compensate for what the EQ boosted, I didn't apply any overall compression to boost the loudness. This is one example of what can be done, season to taste.

View attachment Rolando MIX fix.mp3

I just listened to this mix on my laptop speakers as I don't have access to my headphones right now....I think this mix sounds really good! I know it's hard to hear all the details on a laptop speaker but frankly speaking, I really didn't hear anything that requires any major tweaking or anything that needs to to be fixed...the only thing I notice was maybe the vocals were somewhat dry but then again, reverb on vocals is a matter of individual taste so I can't really comment on that either (maybe I'm used to hearing overly wet vocals, etc)...great job man! keep rocking!!

I'm with Brassplayer on this one. The instrumental balance is pretty good, but its lacking top end. BP's mix fix was better, but I think it would be good to go back to the original and make the adjustment there.
I couldn't understand any of the vocals unfortunately but they seemed pretty good. Maybe just a small touch of reverb would help.

Other than that, its a good song! :thumbs up:

Juan! Yo tambien soy Juan de Argentina!!!

Ahora vivo en London, pero me resulto muy curioso tu post!!!

Ahora lo escucho y te comento algo.

Back