Mixer + Event Gina

Slipknot451

Ok, this is prolly kinda a dumb question, but i need to know. I have never used a mixer to record, instead I use single preamps, but how exactly would I hook up a mixer to to my Event Gina? Where would I run cables to and from? Thanks.

It would depend on what kind of mixer. I am going to assume that you have at least 8 channels on your mixer. Connect the 8 outputs of your Gina to 8 of the line inputs on your mixer. If your micpres are good, I would continue using them for your Gina inputs. If not, you can try one of the following setups for your inputs:

1) If you have direct outs, connect your 2 Gina inputs to 2 of them (if you can, put them on channels not used by the Gina outputs. this way you don't have to switch between mic and line inputs on your board.)

2) If you do not have direct outs but do have inserts, you can connect your Gina inputs to 2 of those by inserting your unbalanced cable to the first click of the inserts. Again, connect to channel inserts not used by the Gina outputs.

3) If you only have 8 channels and have inserts on at least two of them, then you can use an insert cable. Connect the sends to Gina's inputs and the returns to Gina's 1 & 2 outputs.

4) If you have no direct outs and no inserts, then you could share the "effect send" to send the signal to your Gina inputs.

Back