MB Comp / DynEq on Chug Guitar

adam79

I've read a few different articles that recommend putting a MB Comp on chug guitar, so it's just compressing the frequencies where the chug lives.

I've been waiting for a sale (which is finally here) to buy the Waves C6, but after demoing it I'm not as interested. It alters/colors the sound too much, even when it's just on the factory default. It even seems like it's still affecting the signal when bypassed.

I don't have the cash to buy Fabfilter MB, my first choice, or something of similar quality, that's either equally or higher priced.

So on to my question.. can this same technique be duplicated by a DynEq? Maybe by making a wide bell curve to that covers the areas that'd be used my the MB?

Thanks.

can this same technique be duplicated by a DynEq? Maybe by making a wide bell curve to that covers the areas that'd be used my the MB?
Yea, i'm sure it can. A multi-band EQ can act as an EQ when set the right way. You will just have to play with the frequency, boost/cut and Q settings to dial in the right settings for this.
You may even try to do a Mid and side Eq edit as well

Back