mastering plugins?

jugalo180

www.moneyistherecipe.com
is there anything better than free filter out there?
right now i'm running cubase sx with acid pro and sound forge.

What specifically are you looking for?

I like the Waves Gold Bundle a lot, and some people are raving about the L2 in the Waves Mastering Edition (I haven't personally used that myself yet).

Other people seem to like Ozone, although I personally prefer the Waves stuff.

I guess a lot boils down to taste and pocketbook. But the C4 and L1 from Waves Gold Bundle are indespensible to me when mastering.

(BTW, all the above are DirectX. Can Cubase use DirectX plugins? Sound Forge can, I know.)

I second the C4 and L1. Very often I use steinberg's loudness maximizer in conjunction with L1 dithering. I find the maximizer does a better job maintaining punch and transients on some material than the L1. The Q10 is also indispensible. Ive also found steinberg's multicomp (included in the mastering plug package) to be very useful and at times much more natural sounding than the C4. Steinberg's multicomp has no attack or release settings so its simpler to use.

I also use Wave's C4 and L1

and i've learned to let enough of the transients go through the C4 so that i don't lose the shine.

all of what they already said and...

TC Native Mastering tools.

Steinberg Mastering Edition (Compressor, Spectralizer, FreeFilter EQ, tape Magneto and so on...

Peace...

PC

Back