Master pre shop or post shop to DJ?

XTREEMMAK

Ok,
I thought i asked this already on SOME community or what not, or had seen this somewhere but can't find it under anything I've posted so I'll just ask (again).

I'm in the process of trying to promote my material and one of the things that was said to me is just get the mix out there for the people to listen to. Presently, funds wont allow me to professionally master the music until some time later. However what was advised to me first was to let DJ's (if they will) fool around with just the mix (as in, let them test it in their club/set/etc) and let them address input they may have on your track (lacking bass, punch, etc.) before mastering, killing two birds with one stone, and THEN send it for mastering.

This spawns two question.
1. Should I shop my music to DJ's before mastering the material for promotional purposes, attain their (DJ'S) input, test again in club, then master the satisfied product, or should I master everything before it even hits the DJ/club?

2. (this is the one I thought I asked somewhere) Is there a large difference in the mix besides arrangement (and removing choice words) between a Club mix and an Album mix? Some have told me that the bass is hotter in the club mix vs the album mix, but I dont know if that's just hot air.

Back