Which master eq for master buss or fader do you recommend?

I don't see anything wrong with throwing an EQ on the 2-bus and doing some tonal shaping. In my opinion, it's similar to putting a compressor on the 2-bus. It can provide a certain character across all components of the song, which most people call "adding some glue." If it sounds good, do it!

Here's one of my favorites for the 2-bus (and it's free!)

FREE QUEUE EQ PLUGIN | vescoFx.com

Never microwave pizza. That thing with the oven is okay, if you must, but it's more work than it's worth for me.

I almost always end up with ReaEQ on my master bus. I don't usually use it for anything other than "bookending" the mix with an HPF down around 20-30Hz and an LPF at the other end usually around 18K.

Very rarely I will use an instance before a tape sim or compressor boosting in the low mids to add a bit of crunch or hair or whatever you want to call it, then I'lll usually undo the actual EQ curve with a second after the distortion. That doesn't happen often, but it can be cool in certain situations.

I almost never have to use an EQ at this point to fix anything. As mentioned above, it's almost always better to fix the individual tracks and/or re-examine the arrangement itself.

I have a few "color" EQs, but I never use them. ReaEQ is awesome, extremely versatile, and free. It really is the only one I need.

I've only kind of half-assed mastered a couple of albums since I switched to Reaper, but ReaEQ is the one I have and will reach for on that as well.

more or less any plugin will do the job. choose the one that suits your EQing style best, since this will have most influence on the end result.

linear phase could be nice for some special tasks, but in general i like minimum phase EQs more, due to the pre-ringing of the linear phase approach. this is problematic esp. in the low mids / lows.

doesn't really matter how old the thread is, because the issue is still (and will remain) relevent, especially as time goes on , and better equipment or software is made.

doesn't really matter how old the thread is, because the issue is still (and will remain) relevent, especially as time goes on , and better equipment or software is made.

yeah, I get that.

My thoughts were that the OP probably got it sussed by now. ;)

It all depends what your end goal is in mind for that specific track. I don't think there is a Master EQ for every production (Not in my understanding anyway)

Back