Mackie Question

Thomas

On the Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro, is there a way to make my MIC 1 independant of other outputs. I would like to use MIC 1, input it into say Line 2 of a sound card and use another output from the mixer into another input line on the sound card. Is this feasible?

Well, you could just pan hard left and hard right on inputs 1 and 2 out to the main outputs into your soundcard. Or you could use the input 1 and use the AUX for 2, or use 1 and 2 panned hard left and right, and input on 3 through AUX output to input 3 on your soundcard. etc. etc. Lots of different ways to do the same thing. Hope this helped.

If not, elaborate.

Emeric

If I'm not mistaken, that board has insert points that double as direct outs as well.

ametth

What you can do is mute your line 1 on the 1202 which send that signal to the Alt 3/4 bus. Run a cable from the Alt 3/L output (on the back of the mixer) and into your soundcard.

make sure that the Alt 3/4 button is pushed down on the "Control Room Source" panel. That should work if you do it correctly, if not the Alt 3/4 bus is covered on page18 of the manual.

She is a pretty darn sweet mixer though. I love mine.

mandelbrot

Back