Mackie hr824 or Blue Sky 2.1

c9-2001

they cost around the same.. if you were a producer would you rater mix on the mackies or the blue sky set...

Im lookin at the same 2 sets{Mackies/Blue Skys}..Im kinda leanin' towards the Blue Skys..Tuff choice..{Also look into the A.D.A.M.s.But more$$}For a sub/satalite based system the transition between sub and sats is pretty good..But its subjective, gotta hear them your self..Good luck

Don

i don't know about those... in a everyday studio enviroment.. i'm put them in my home thertor... but my choose is the blue sky 2.1 or the mackies.. unless someone can tell me some good monitors around the same price range that are better...

right now i'm leaning toward the 2.1
what ever set i get i'll keep until spring next year and then do a 5.1 setup..
my songs have a lot of bass in them... the mackies can go low but not as low as my tracks.. if the blue sky 12 is a good one it should pick up the low freq... if not i''ll just use 2 brahma's or digital designs in the studio :)

what are you using right now?

before you spend $1200 on speakers, you owe it to yourself to mix on NS10ms.

I did a mix on my ns10ms (approx $400 off ebay) and then took it to guitar center to check on the mackies. There was nothing I heard on the mackies that I had not heard on the ns10ms. These translate very well.

i've done many mixes on ns-10ms and ns-10studios... the ms's are clean.. i might have some extra money left over if i get the mackies b/c i can get them for about $900-1000 and i've seen new ns-10ms's on ebay for 300-450... i might get both....

Back