Mackie 1202 vlz pro 12x2 Mixer VS Mackie 1402 vlz pro 14x2 Mixer

ambi

Mackie 1202 vlz pro 12x2 Mixer VS Mackie 1402 vlz pro 14x2 Mixer

As far as i can tell, they're identicle except for the 1402 has 2 more inputs, and has sliders instead of knobs. Why would i play more money (about 300 canadian) for sliders instead of knobs? This is taking into fact i probably won't use an extra 2 inputs. Does anyone know if there are any differences, and if it would be worth the extra bit of money?

when you are mixing, having faders to slide is beneficial. if you are only using the 1202/1402/1604 merely as a mic-pre or as a return that you won't ever use to actually do any mixing, then i guess it doesn't matter.

how many XLR inputs does the 1202 have compared to the 1402?

Well, I would say the majority of the cost would be in the extra mic pres. Sure you get faders, and L/R faders for the Main Mix instead of the knobs but that's personal preference. If you have no use for the extra pres, then go for the 1202. Just don't kick yourself in the butt when you run out of inputs. :)

I have to agree that the faders are nicer to work with than the knobs. For me it be worth the extra dough...it would feel a little more like console and give you a better over all feel....especially if you are working on more than one channel at a time!

heylow

hmm

Yea, thats all true. The 12 has 4 pre's, and the 14 has 6 i believe. Well, xlr ones. Yea, it might be worth it to go for the 14.

Back