M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitors

NO! Dude, I told you...the best youll find for under 200 bucks is the swan series. the s200a or the M200. if you want two POS that are cheap and sound like it, then by all means, spend 99 bucks and get those. or you could get something that is PROVEN reliable and sounds great, the two I told you....m-audio??

those are just two kmart boxes with chinese cones. some kid with no legs probably made them in a sweatshop.

BigRay said:
NO! Dude, I told you...the best youll find for under 200 bucks is the swan series. the s200a or the M200. if you want two POS that are cheap and sound like it, then by all means, spend 99 bucks and get those. or you could get something that is PROVEN reliable and sounds great, the two I told you....m-audio??

those are just two kmart boxes with chinese cones. some kid with no legs probably made them in a sweatshop.

I have been trying to find somewhere to buy the Swans but new egg is sold out and not other place has them at all. NO ONE!!! Newegg will not have them till 7/25/06....DO you know of any site I can order them from?????

Bloodsoaked said:
M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitors???

Any opinions on these? $99 for the pair. I am very new to Home recording and I am looking for some monitors.

Or would you go with these: M-Audio StudioPro 4 Active Monitors? Any opinions on either of the two monitors?

Thank you...

work great for L+R surrond on a custom cheap home theater setup. (spent all my money on the studio). Seriously! as far as monitors not really good. u get what you pay for.

Bloodsoaked said:
I have been trying to find somewhere to buy the Swans but new egg is sold out and not other place has them at all. NO ONE!!! Newegg will not have them till 7/25/06....DO you know of any site I can order them from?????

just wait for the swans. trust me.

I listened to some M-Audio monitors and A/B'd them against about 6 or 8 other different pairs of monitors at the local store. At first, they were my favourite, but they really stood out as being very bassy and maybe the term is 'scooped'. Kinda like how you'd like to listen to your favourite heavy metal. Lots of kick drum, rumbling bass and wild screaming pick harmonics.

Then the shop guy politely informed me they were absolutely the worst choice I could possibly make. You gotta go for as flat as possible. It might sound dull at first, but when you're doing your mixes, and A/B'ing your own mix versus some well produced commercial CDs, it will give you the truest, most un-biased representation of where you sit and cause the least amount of headaches in the end.

Funny thing. After the first 20 minutes or so, my last choice were the KRK Rokit RP-8's that I eventually ended up buying after being steered in the right direction and listening carefully for another 30 minutes. They're lovely, but more than what you're looking to spend I think. Seriously though, -always always always- consider spending a little more than what you originally intended to get to that next level in technology. It's something you'll grow into and not something you'll grow out of right away.

Back