Looking for practice mixing

Schecterplayer

Hey everyone! I'm fairly new to recording and mixing. I have a pretty solid base. I'll be posting some of my work once I fix the awful hiss my interface gave me in mic'd recordings.

Anyway I really would love it if people could send me some of their work so I can have some good practice mixing it. I'm guessing email is the easiest way but I think their is a file size limit. I am running presonus studio one DAW and I can import mp3 tracks. If u can mail mp3s or if u have studio one and can send me tracks( if u have s1 it's easier) I will do my best to mix them. :)

I'm wanting to do this for a career and I'm looking for good practice not just on my own stuff.

Please email me if your interested

Thank you!

I am running presonus studio one DAW and I can import mp3 tracks. If u can mail mp3s or if u have studio one and can send me tracks( if u have s1 it's easier) I will do my best to mix them. :)

If you're doing that with Studio One use (ask for) FLAC, not mp3, the result will be much better since FLAC is lossless. It will load and play those files directly.

The files will probably be a little bigger than low rate mp3 (depending on the compression rate) but they'll sound much better for mixing.

Anyway, if you want practice mixing head over to MixOff Forum - Index, there are some song archives over there you can download and mix.

I hear that Studio One is pretty expensive. Is that true?

The list price might be considered a tad high by some based on the current feature set but you can get into S1 Pro for about $230 or so if you wait for the deals on the Artist version which sells for about $20-30 at different times. From there upgrade to Pro for $199 which for the total price is a pretty good deal.

You just missed the last sale so if you're interested, wait a while and catch the next one. It (Artist) sold for $20.11 during NAMM and $29 during the Musikmesse show.

A new version (2.0) is coming out sometime later this year also.

The list price might be considered a tad high by some based on the current feature set but you can get into S1 Pro for about $230 or so if you wait for the deals on the Artist version which sells for about $20-30 at different times. From there upgrade to Pro for $199 which for the total price is a pretty good deal.
Cool. Thanx. I wonder how much the OP paid for his. Hope he got a good deal.

Yeah, if you go with S1 you'll probably eventually want Pro. There's some really good stuff there not in Artist, like the mastering / Project section, CD burning, video import and publishing directly to Soundcloud and some other stuff.

But Artist is a great daw for people who don't care about third party plugs, like bands that just record themselves playing and mix it. The included audio plugs are really good and the editing and automation and similar is identical to Pro... no "feature trim" there.

I've been using Studio One a little over a year and I can barely stand to work in anything else except for Reaper.

I totally agree. Very good plugs and I can pretty much master with some intuitive Eq and compression in artist. What is the mastering in pro like? O and I got my s1 packaged with the audiobox.

What is the mastering in pro like?

It's not like anything else out there and they're not done with it just yet. I'm obviously a fan and of course, all pro daws are great... so... grain of salt, but the mastering section is unique.

Not that it matters, but Schecter pro asked that question, not me. I'm not sure how you managed to get my name in the quote. :eek:

Something about the quoting method here throws me for a bit of a loop, sorry. :) I think I must have done a multi-quote or something and erased the wrong parts, dunno.

Back