Looking for feedback on my mix

Forgive me, but I'm going to be brutally honest. It just doesn't work. Massive echo, massive distortion, basically unlistenable.

I'm assuming this is an "artistic" choice, since I listened to a couple of your other songs on Soundcloud and they were ok (Tourniquet, The City) although they need some polishing (EQ etc). I don't know what your goal is on this one, what effect you're trying to achieve, but I don't think its going the the right direction. I got through 20 seconds and when the vocals came on, I immediately skipped forward to see if there was anything worth even listening to later in the song. After 3 clicks, I hit the close window button.

OK, I can't talk to the mix as I have to agree, need to get through the production. I like the echo, but I think you should pull it back a tad, then make the electric dry as hell. I also think it would be a good start and and a good finish, but something in the middle to kick it, then bring it back.

I do think what you have is a cool thing going, but some of what you have should be dialed back.

Don't want to discourage you, I agree with the others although as a song I enjoy the genre the mix (despite the minimal elements to it) is too much of everything.
I put on my dead headphones which are dull as hell and still the top end was piercing through them. Stylistically I don't mind the washed out effects but I would start by with some subtractive EQ, get a really quiet mix thats easy to listen to, then get the master fader to regulate your overall output volume. Good luck and don't be discouraged.

Listen-Feed back

Link worked smooth

Press play....first thing I hear is Gate chatter.. micro- second is a lot of background noise...music starts , heavy heav distortion on vox fx
two track vox/guitar...FX tune sets the genre or non-genre, its a simple enough tune that keeps attention, good simple melody fresh

as art its great, in a simple song mix I like the distortion vibe, the songs shortness makes it fresh...its good in a underground kinda way.
makes me wonder does every song have to have the same buildup bridge bass snare hits where this tune that never happens. ..

the end feedback sawbuzz I thought...oh here comes a new tune or break... the end.

>>>>SoundCLouds...pushy-auto next tune play is Disco Dream that kicks in auto mode like a unwanted commercial...jumbling the brain...erasing what I just heard in UnDone...>>

phratry ...another two track underground mix rough......Tourniquet...is more standard mix, good vocal mix, crisp clear, I like this one too. :listeningmusic:

You may also want to make sure your mix isn't clipping. Like everyone said dial back a bit on reverb and other effects and I'll bet it sounds much better. Every song you make will start to sound better and better.

Back