Logic Audio Help! Enveloping

ambi

Hey guys, i really relaly need help fast, i need to knwo how to use envelopes in Logic audio. I could do it really easily in acid, by going insert envelope, and then just moving the line around, with the different points, and you could do it for volume or effects. How do i insert an envelope, and use the envelopes in logic audio? Please help, im siting here waiting, i need to do it now!

Not sure exactly what you mean by 'envelope' (different packages seem to have different definitions)

Logic has an 'enveloper' plugin, and a couple of 'eq' plug ins, which can be used to change the tonal quality of tracks.

To insert a plugin, open up a track mixer window in Logic, click and hold down on one of the empty bars at the top, then click Logic>Mono (or stereo if its a stereo track)>enveloper or Fat EQ.

This will open up the plug in, and apply it to that track / channel.

If you want to do this for the whole mix (not advisable), open up the environment window, and find the channel mixers. Then do the same as above, but to the 'Master' or 'Output 1/2 etc'.

To add an envelope / eq to an effect, you need to first insert an effect plugin, into one of the 'Bus' fader channels, then insert the 'evelope' plug in below it. This will modify the whole effect. To apply the effect to a track, click on one of the 'Bus' slots on a track, and pick the bus you just applied the effect to. Then trun the return up on the track bus.

This applies to all plugins for Logic.

Hope this helps....if not, please describe the problem a bit more...!

Peace

hmm

Not exactly what i was thinking, i know how to insert effects. IM talking about a little line that goes across a track, from begging of song to end, and you can grab it , and move it up and down in certain spots, changing the volume, or ammount of a plug in in an individual area for a track
http://www.emagic.de/english/products/logic/lap/automation.html
like all those lines over the tracks that move up and down, those are what are called envelopes in ACID.

OK...now im with you....

Right, first of all, click View>Show Track Automation. without doing this in the first place your not gonna get anywhere ;)

Once youve done this, each track in the arrange window will zoom veritcally, and youll see an option window in it. (in the picture you sent, its the field with 'volume' or 'pan' shown)

If you click and hold down the mouse on this bar, it gives you options of automating volume, pan etc....

Theres another option will appear just to the left of this which will probably say 'Read' in green (as it does in your pic). If you change this to 'touch' (it'll go yellow) this means the fader will be moved up and down in real time, and not actually 'written' to the track (if you hit 'write' it will write the settings permanantely to the track.)

Then to add automation, simply left clik on the wav in the arrange window, and a 'node' will appear....you can move this up and down to your hearts content, or add as many as you want. By right clicking an dragging, you can draw lines/curves.. Logic also allows you to modify the lines connecting nodes, and turn them into curves...

You can add as maany automations to a single track as you want by clicking on the little arrow, it opens up another automation line (as shown in ur pic...)

The trouble with logic is, you can do everything you could possibly need, but its a b*rstard to find.... ;)

Good Luck..

Awesome, thanks Nick. In my crappy Logic RPC version you have to turn on View - Hyperdraw - Volume while the track is selected. I didn't know how to do that before, thanks.

Do you have any tips for file management? It seems like the audio file and track names don't really link together very well. Have you come up with any good schemes for keeping track of everything?

Back