Lexicon Reverb Mixing ITB

ido1957

9K Gold Member
I mixdown analog ADAT->board->computer now so I can add a Lexicon Reverb from a PCM80 as I mixdown. If I were to move to a computer recording and mixing system (ITB), is my PCM80 obsolete? If not, how would I connect it? If it is obsolete, does Lexicon offer any plugins? I would prefer to use Sonar and I know the pantheon plugin is only compatible with Cubase. Any plug Lexicon Reverb Plugins besides pantheon? Googling is not giving me much info on this....

Yo IDO: [plus digits]

Why not contact Lexicon and ask?

Reverb can be added while recording; not usually done that way though. Reverb can be put into the cans so the talent can hear/vocalists/etc.

But, the reverb is not recorded; it is just in the cans.

Most outboard reverb boxes can be routed via a vocal or other instruments from mic to reverb to recorder.

I use a SIAB; thus, I may be off-base regarding a PC set up; but there are folks out there and HERE who know mucho about the PC set-up and they may comment to set you straight.

Green Hornet :cool:

ido1957 said:
I mixdown analog ADAT->board->computer

I don't quite understand what you mean by that.

However, I use a Lexicon 960 as ITB or analog on the console. If I use it ITB only, I have it set up in Cubase as an external plugin and have it wired via s/pdif. I have a Kurzweil hooked up via adat lightpipe, and can actually patch in hardware compressors using my a/d and d/a converters. I usually just mix ITB for convenience........

ido1957 said:
I mixdown analog ADAT->board->computer now so I can add a Lexicon Reverb from a PCM80 as I mixdown.
yeah, I also don't know what that means.
ido1957 said:
Any plug Lexicon Reverb Plugins besides pantheon?
Look up the SIR impulse response reverb; there are a ton of modeling impulses for Lexicon, Kurzweil, Eventide, TC, etc. that can be used with that plug.

G.

ido1957 said:
I mixdown analog ADAT->board->computer now so I can add a Lexicon Reverb from a PCM80 as I mixdown.
I'll try to explain a bit - I record my tracks from my Alesis board direct outs to ADAT tape deck. Then I mixdown the tracks by playing the tracks back from the ADAT outs into the Alesis board monitor in on each channel. I add reverb using an aux send/channel return on the board while mixing. Then the stereo mixdown is sent to the computer. :)

If I really need to use my pcm80 in a mix ITB, I just send whatever I want the go to the lexicon outof the computer to the lexi. Then I record the output of the lexi on a new track. Mix to taste.

I'm suprised your ADATs still work.

Farview said:
If I really need to use my pcm80 in a mix ITB, I just send whatever I want the go to the lexicon outof the computer to the lexi. Then I record the output of the lexi on a new track. Mix to taste...
Same here. I typically keep two pairs of my 16 A/D-D/A's patched to out board effects. D/A > Lex's, Lex > mixer for control/eq options, mixer channels direct out > A/D back to the box'.
Monitor the four tracks 'live ITB as the mix builds, then record them into the project as things firm up.

StackableMusic said:
Does the pcm80 have spdif IO? The mpx1 does, and I have a friend that uses that to mix ITB. I don't have any spdif cables so I haven't tried it myself.
Yes.
+ten

Back