Lexicon LXP, Altiverb, or Breverb?

bcfromfl

I run Logic, and have dozens of reverb presets available. However, they all impart an unpleasant digital "ring" or sourness, and require exhaustive EQing to remove most of the unpleasantness so I can stand to use them. Unfortunately, some character of the original sound is lost this way.

CPU resources is somewhat important to me, but I really only need a good plugin reverb for one or two tracks...and the rest of my underlying tracks can be processed by the presets I already have. So, it's unlikely I'll max out on one or two instances. What I really need, I think, is a top-notch reverb for my acoustic piano and vocal tracks -- since these are the most important tracks in my compositions.

I've listened to about as many different comparison files of reverb plugins I could find, and narrowed it down to Lexicon LXP, Altiverb, and Breverb. I realize that Lexicon is tops, as is Altiverb, but how do you all feel about Breverb in this comparison? I don't need a lot, as I described above, so dropping $400 or more may be unnecessary. I must say I was disappointed in the examples I listened to from Altiverb's site, and, similarly, Lexicon didn't offer a lot of guidance either. I watched a video describing Altiverb 7 that's still in development, and I was intrigued by a feature that added "sheen/sparkle" to the effect, but for the money...I'm not sure that it really offers that much value to what I'm doing. I could add an exciter, or EQ, probably, and accomplish about the same thing.

On the other hand, the number of comparison samples, and attention to detail, on Breverb's site is impressive. The reverb works well, and I can't detect even a hint of digital garbage. It's also reviewed well.

Yes, all these companies offer demos, but I've had experience installing things like this and had a lot of difficulty removing files completely afterwards if I decide not to keep them. So, I'm trying to make an informed decision ahead of time.

I'd appreciate any and all opinions. Thanks!

-Bruce

hey, I use breverb with logic and quite like it. I haven't tried the other 2 for comparison, but the plates specifically, that breverb have are quite nice.

Back