i want to practice on mixing

It seems like there's someone on this forum that has some on their website, but I can't remember who it is.

Mate, you'd be wise to establish yourself & get known for your constructive comments, insightful questions and interesting mix posts before asking people to let you have access to their hard work. you may be a scammer looking for musical ideas to nick or songs to peddle.
Seriously, I find your request sincere and your willingness to learn charming BUT I'm not likely to let you have my files unless I know & trust you.

Yep. That's why I said that I "might" be willing. I think you're honestly looking for something for practice, but who knows?

And those downloads from Telefunken are probably about as good as they come. Of course it's no rock or heavy metal or rap, but it's worth it for practice.

And do a search for shootouts, mix my songs, etc. There have been a lot of threads where people want there songs mixed.

Yep. That's why I said that I "might" be willing. I think you're honestly looking for something for practice, but who knows?

And those downloads from Telefunken are probably about as good as they come. Of course it's no rock or heavy metal or rap, but it's worth it for practice.

And do a search for shootouts, mix my songs, etc. There have been a lot of threads where people want there songs mixed.

I totally understand about your project privacy, but i am a newcomer and am willing to work on any audio files for mixing. I know there are a lot of scammers out there on the net these days looking for projects to steal and i know i am not one of them. Well anyways i will mix those sessions on that website. Thanks anyways guys.

Any chance you can record some of your own tracks to mix? It's pretty good fun!

I don't think that all newbies own guitar, bass, drumset and equipment to record them, not to talk about being able to play them all. And not everyone who wants to mix is a good singer either. (Of course they might have friends who do.)

My own songs are always made with VST's so when I was searching for practise material, I was doing it because mixing recorded material is so different. When mixing vst's you wont learn for example how to do gating to get rid off spill from other tracks or noise reduction (well a good recording doesn't really need that either but anyway..). You wont learn how to correct timing issues. You wont learn how to mix drums that have overhead mics and maybe own mics for single drums, and many other things.

Also it is one thing to mix your own songs, but learning to take someone else's song, find the idea and vision behind it and follow that path is another thing. Those are things that a real mixing engineer has to learn.

I just wish there would be some library somewhere with hundreds of different types of songs for anyone to practise mixing and/or mastering.

I own an acoustic guitar and I suck at singing.

Mixing someone elses songs isn't my bag. I have the raw tracks for I heard It Through The Grapevine....seems like a golden opportunity to mix...but I just want to stuff around myself. So libraries of other people's songs, I wouldn't really poke a stick at.

Of course that's me...

Back