I need your ears!!!! Come and Listen (Vocal Mixing Tips)

sdp530

I have just gotten into vocal mixing and I am always lookin for pointers and tips to improve my recording and mixing. I would have been lost if it wasn’t for these forums because product manuals can only tell you so much. I am pleased with the quality of my recordings but I know I can get better with more knowledge. I have been having a problem mixing one of my artist vocals. He has a deeper voice and I can’t seemed to get it to sound right when I play it on other systems. On my monitors it sounds great but if I play it on a system with satellite speakers and a sub you can barely hear him. I dunno if I should just increase the level of his vocal or tweak the eq settings or what I have to do to get his vocals to mix well on other systems. I don’t wanna lose the good full sound of his voice so I would like some suggestions. Here is a link to the song:

Beware there is some explicit lyrics this song. He is on the first and third verse also the chorus. Lend me some fresh ears cuz my are getting a little burnt out, hehe. Thanks.

-C Dog

hehe thanks, I posted it over there too, just makin sure I got a link that works over here just in case someone wants to check it out

Back