I Need Help With Equipment....

Mr_ToPo

Hi there, I've really taken a shine to the new DJ Mylo and id really like to get started on creating my own electronic/techno style music.

I was directed to this site and this forum by a friend in search of advice.

Can anyone help me by telling me what i need to get started?

Any help would be great.

Cheers, mark

well do you have any equipment at all?.NOTE: THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF WAYS TO DO THIS THIS IS JUST MY OPINION...if you want to go the DJ route you might want to start with some musical equipment, say a sampler, or a keyboard that supports midi. Next you could get a audio midi sequencer off the internet..(audcatiy should work though ive never really used it)....theres a lot you need unfortunately and right now im out of time.

I have an old Mac computer which i was instructed to buy, ive also been told to get a keyboard which supports midi.

The dj plays electro stuff, i want to get into electro / techno styles if possible.

you'll defintly want a table like falken said. I wouldnt get a whole lot right off the bat because it sounds like you've never done anything like this before and i would hate for you to get all this expensive stuff and then get rid of it when you lose interest. which im not saying you will but its a possibility. I would start with a table. a midi keyboard. some midi to computer pin cables and a free sequencer download of the internet. After you have had that for a little while and you get more serious come back and we can start talknig about monitors and mixers and the like. also do you plan on having vocals?

I think you want to go to the Newbie section, read up on excellent advice that has been given there, and then ask questions in that forum.

Back