HR SPL Charts

CoolCat

If anyone wouldn't mind,
I'd appreciate you posting your SPL charts with speaker brand and any other info.

I'd like to compare a few Monitor Specs to the "Real life" plots.
(and ultimately apply to my HR space.. ;) )

raw numbers are cool too?..

Last edited:
yeah any "HR" room SPL tests. Model of speaker and other info is cool.

FREQ vs DB.

Speaker models and other info, room size and stuff; for ex.
this would be great!

you can probably call it different things.
this is just a SPL meter, sound pressure level meter, DB meter.. in DB, decibel.(volume meter)..etc..

Frequency vs DB chart or file, any data would be interesting.

Ex. at 1000 hz meter reads 85db, at 200 hz the meter reads 10db, etc..

Basic X/Y chart. X is Freq and Y is DB. SPL chart i call it. Room response, Speaker Cure, whtever you want to call it.

basically when you go from 20 to 20Khz Tone Generator (Tone CD)
you'll get a different Volume/DB value for each freq-tone.
(each different as no room is perfectly flat..that'd be 85db for every Freq, for example).. then you plot it alias chart.

not only do i want to see other HR SPL curves, i'd like to compare a few "real world" charts to the Vendor specification charts.

Hmmmm. Interesting. I might have to try that. Put up a swept sign wave and do an SPL plot at the mix position.

yeah, its interesting stuff.
85db is starter volume, where all freqs are supposed to be near equal(flat).
not sure what is the best frequency to call the starting point of the sweep?? I've heard run the 1-2K tone, set up the volume until 85db is seen....
then run the sweep and record the numbers.

i think the theory and all this meters and data tool stuff can help get the room optimized to a better point...

then the ears, personal tastes, skills/real world problems...
is the rest of the story or final touches...or last word within reason.

also, hopefully with several HR posts on plots, i can see what is an average expectation versus the anechoic chambers the manuf. companys plot/use...
you know the perfectly flat graphs +/- 3db.

Back