How to I make this not-so-good vocals better?

Aakash

I recorded my friend's voice yerterday. He has a nice voice but it is kind of sounding boring with the track. I cannot replace the singer for some reasons.Any thing I can do to make it sound better? Like FX or any other thing. The singer has sung the song in tune. but still its boring to listen. Help!

This isn't the psychic forum. Impossible to help you with what you've given us to work with.

Yes, you can add delay, reverb, distortion, EQ, compression and/or a hundred other effects.

If it's boring and without emotion, all the plugins in the world aren't going to help. It will still sound boring and without emotion. Sometimes people get more concerned about a correct performance than one with feeling. I know this. I'm guilty myself.

If it's boring and without emotion, all the plugins in the world aren't going to help. It will still sound boring and without emotion. Sometimes people get more concerned about a correct performance than one with feeling. I know this. I'm guilty myself.

Absolutely true. Trash in, trash out. Or, a turd doesn't hold a shine very well.

If it sounds boring, the route that will give you the best results is to re-record it.

After you get a good performance, then a little compression (to smooth things out), a little EQ, and a little verb (all of which are totally subjective) will help it sound a little nicer.

But it will still sound mostly like what it sounded like before the plug ins.

Back