How do they remix popular songs?

cordura21

I heard a remix of Anarchy in The Uk with Madonna singing Ray of Light over it. My question is how do they get the separate parts?
Do they have access to the multi tracks? Or do they use some technique to extract the parts (in this case Madonna's voice, but they also seemed to remove some of the original drums)?

Andrés

You know, it almost pisses me off that radio singles are (for the most part) totally different mixes than what ends up on the CD.

Some lawyer's gonna' get smart one day and file a class action against the 5 majors and clearchannel communications for false advertising.

The Seifer said:
"they" gots the original tapes

Some guys from Argentina did a remix of "Clocks" by Coldplay. I wonder how did they get the original tapes. Are they offered by the record company? Do you have to ask for them? How does that work?

chrisharris said:
You know, it almost pisses me off that radio singles are (for the most part) totally different mixes than what ends up on the CD.

Some lawyer's gonna' get smart one day and file a class action against the 5 majors and clearchannel communications for false advertising.

Just a side note, my local clear channel station was still playing its' Howard Stern in the morning, commercials, until just last week, even though they fired him about a month ago. Talk about false advertising. I hope he sues the hell out of those assholes, for breach of contract.

Back