How do I get this Vocal Effect?

Alphaom

Hi,
I am recording my vocals (Rap) with Cool Edit Pro 2.1 and Adobe Audition 3.0
The question is, how do I get the effect on my vocals just like in this song:

You get what I mean? Dont know how to explain it but you should hear some similarity.

Ps. you should really check some Boaz V/d Beatz productions, he's a dutch producer who has some crazy beats. (check the songs Oeffer, Slechtgaan, Eine Bangertie)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post your question in only one forum. I deleted your other post and edited this one to include the videos.

Thanks,

Ok, but I didnt know in wich one I should post it, and I wasn't able to post links so thats why I did it my way

You did it your way like Frank Sinatra? anytime you do it your way you're really just copying Frank

By the way I can't see the video links

Last edited:
Ok now I'm off the iphone so I can see the video links...
It's too hard when there is that much video to know what part you mean specifically. Can you say at 2:30 in video 1...

The very first video that starts, I think that sounds like a ring modulator on the voice at the intro...possibly with a light distortion. There is also octave doubling...layered up in another octave. For the most part none of it sounds too fancy. The second song just kind of sounds like light distortion.

If you can specify one single moment of one of these videos by time and video number I be able to tell you how to do something like that. Just a lot of video to be able to tell which part you mean exactly.

Later!

I dont understand what effect do you want to get, these songs have many of then.
for example, in the first video, 0:15 tripled recorded vocals, 0:25 just comp, reverb and eq with some background vocals slightly doubled, 1:05 some distortion with a high pass filter, and so on..

please, tell us which part.

cya

yea im sorry for that, I did that in the beginning but when the mod edited my post he also removed where I said that

First song: 0:00 - 0:04
Second song: 0:00 - 0:20
Third song: 0:00 - 0:03

You can hear it the best in the third song

(excuse me for my language, I'm not from an english speaking country)

Back