How can I sync up my instrumental with my drums?

DjEmpty

I have this instrumental track with a tempo which appears to be 133 BPM. This particular tracks beat does not remain constant during the recording. Basically my drums are hitting perfectly with the track at times then offbeat at other times. What measures can I take to alter this sample to maintain a constant beat throughout the duration?

I am using cool edit pro and Fl Studio at the moment.

Simple editing - cut, move, cut, move, cut move...etc.
It takes awhile and it's boring as shit to do, but not a big deal.
I've done it a thousand times.

Simple editing - cut, move, cut, move, cut move...etc.
It takes awhile and it's boring as shit to do, but not a big deal.
I've done it a thousand times.

Right. When I cut those parts, the playback makes this skipping sound due to the missing part. I'll experiment a little more with it I guess.

Well...if you're cutting a multitrack mix, that's hard...but if they are individual tracks, then it's pretty easy.
You have to cut right before the beats, and use crossfading to smooth the transition.
Of course...there IS a limit to how much you can slide things before they sound disconnected and before you get weird audio glitches/dropouts.

Yeah that skipping sound, if this is a multitrack we are talking about, is probably because you haven't faded in. So it's going from no sound at all to either the hiss/ambient noise/noise of microphone, or if you cut too close straight to the drum sound.

Back