Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Helter Skelter tracks

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Yes I found a 12 minute version on YouTube which is like the slow kind of disjointed one but what I was really hoping to find is the missing audio in between the fade out in the fade in of the track on the white album.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manslick View Post
    what I was really hoping to find is the missing audio in between the fade out in the fade in of the track on the white album.
    I've never come across anyone ever mentioning that bit. Even in the Lewisohn book, I never got the impression that it went on for a long time as a great jam that they decided to cut. Although it could have. That's what happened with "Revolution 1 " ~ as the song runs out it actually went on for a further 6 minutes and that's what "Revolution 9" was laid over. With Helter Skelter, the stereo version fades out in the same key that the fade in returns in, which, combined with the unadventurousness of the actual notes, gives the impression that it didn't go on for long {although the same thing happened with Revolution 1's key in the runout so I've just contradicted myself !}. Considering the previous 3 takes had added up to 52 minutes, maybe they'd just had enough ! Lennon was quoted as saying that to him Helter Skelter was just a noise.

Thanks
    I tweeted Sir Paul and Giles. I'll report back if they respond.

Thanks
    I find Giles really annoying. Sometimes it feels like he's trying so hard to be a revisionist.
    But don't mind me, I'm just a bit touchy about remixes 50 years after the event. I know I stand alone on this {virtually} but remixing songs of old is a bit like saying the Japanese were the good guys in World war 2.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grimtraveller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Folk on Reddit tell me the audio is on the wii game Beatles Rock Band.
    Must acquire.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RawDepth View Post
    You are right. Ugo.

It sounds like John played that bass with a drum stick instead of a pick.

Lots of noise near the end of the drum track. It sounds like overhead mics only. And Andrew was right. Ringo was a "basic" drummer at best. But then, he is far richer than I am, so I guess he wins.

(I see the Rolling Stones tracks were taken down due to copyright claims by MTV and ABKCO Records.)
    For a basic drummer, I am yet to meet anyone who can replicate his simple child like beats. Fact is that he is one of the best. He knows what a song needs. Doesn’t show off and overplay like nearly every drummer I ever played with. And none of them would ever come up with what he did for most of the songs written by the greatest songwriting team of the 20th century. They would have tossed most other drummers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to trusso11783 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yes I found a 12 minute version on YouTube which is like the slow kind of disjointed one but what I was really hoping to find is the missing audio in between the fade out in the fade in of the track on the white album.
    That version wa s released on the white album deluxe edition from 2018. It plays straight through without fades all the way to the end.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
    That version wa s released on the white album deluxe edition from 2018. It plays straight through without fades all the way to the end.
    Link please 😊

Thanks
    Link please 😊
    Found it on YouTube searching for Beatles Rock Band 5:02 long. Pretty much an E chord drone with some noise at the end. Not even what I expected.

Thanks
    I'll probably have a listen one day, but it'll be a once in a lifetime experience for me. It's like deleted scenes and outtakes, interesting to view once and then go back to loving the film the way you've always done so.

Thread Information