Group tracks

I've been messing with a Behringer X32 with my cousin, they are upgrading thier house of worship system (because what they have is serious garbage). Mono mix groups seem like a good idea to me for monitoring live situations where you are limited on physical outputs. So yeah they have thier place definitely.

I can't believe I actually REALLY like a behringer product. We were going to get the version 3 Presonus 24, but it was $500 more and quite literally everyone I asked and he asked recommended the X32.

The thing is so damn good I kind of want to snag a Xtouch compact for my home studio. The faders are miles better than the old Mackie control I had and all the controls feel pretty damn good (I had the old one, not the MCU pro which I'm sure is better).

Dood. I recorded live bands at a venue with Cubase on a shitty laptop with the X32 board. It is actually quite impressive... The setup was easy. Weird...

Dood. I recorded live bands at a venue with Cubase on a shitty laptop with the X32 board. It is actually quite impressive... The setup was easy. Weird...

I'm actually dicking with it with cubase on Saturday, interested to see how the DAW control is.

I'm not dropping $2k on a mixer like that personally though, plus I have zero need for 32 channels. I have 18 currently and it's always been more than enough.

---------- Update ----------

I bought it while it cheap. I can use or lose it.

For now, if it ain't broke? Well....

Is the price going up? I thought it was always gonna be $100?

Maybe I should be hoping on it now?

I'm actually dicking with it with cubase on Saturday, interested to see how the DAW control is.

I'm not dropping $2k on a mixer like that personally though, plus I have zero need for 32 channels. I have 18 currently and it's always been more than enough.

---------- Update ----------

Is the price going up? I thought it was always gonna be $100?

Maybe I should be hoping on it now?

I purchased 9.5 a few months ago. Hated it off the first use. Of course I was in the middle of 6 projects then.

The upgrade from 9.5 and a 15% off coupon I got from Ed Doll for helping to moderate a member on the Steinberg forum a year or two ago, made me go ahead and give it a shot. So $65 I think I paid.

Not much more in C10 than 9.5 from my limited experience. But then I have maybe 10 hours even messing with it. I have bigger fish to fry/finish. Not going to start anew until I am sure I need to.

Definitely found Cubase 10 to feel more solid than 9.5. Except for the weird inability to open tracks in 9. That sounds like a bug someone else needs to deal with..

Back