Getting Instruments Off The Line

Snowman999

I have no idea what it's called. So, I'll try to explain and hopefully someone will be able to understand and help. I have looked on youtube and can't find a video for what I want to do.

This is ONLY an example: I have 3 guitars on the right side.
Acoustic is panned 100
Rhythm is panned 50
Lead is panned 25

So they're all right on that panned curve. Now I want to take the 50 and move it back off the line, and I'd like the lead to be forward off the line. I know it's reverb that will allow me to do this.

Here's how I have my tracks set up. I use the SEND to a separate buss for each track. So, both the flat track and reverb buss are playing. Which gives me 3 must use volume controls.

1. Flat track send to master.
2. How much send to the reverb buss.
3. How much buss to the master.

How do you set these up for forward and backward off the line end results?

Pictured is my one and only reverb. Can someone fill in the blanks to "roughly" accomplish the forward and backward end result.

ff.png

By fill in the blanks I mean (roughly)-
Input
Mix
Diffusion
Decay
Pre-Delay
HF Cut
LP Filter

I'm not worried about the different algorithms or size. Because I can hear those. It's the getting depth and placement that I have never accomplished. I'd like to. It's the difference between a nice 2D picture and a really nice 3D picture.

I have experimented way too long with no results. Also, when I listen to songs that accomplish this, I don't always hear a ton of reverb. I'd like to have it the same. For some reason when I add reverb, you know it's there. It's like it's own separate instrument. Sometimes I just hate that. But, even with it, it's still on that straight curved line from left to right ear.

Back