Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting a better production

Thanks

Getting a better production

Sign in to disable this ad
    I've recently been workin on a better production for my songs in FL Studio. Looking for inconsitincies and so forth. I work on the beat and recording, and my friend sings. I've been wondering on a certain song I've made recently and was wondering if there's anything I can do to make the production a little better. I'm somewhat new to this, and need some help. Maybe it doesn't need anything done to it. I can't really tell when I've been workin on it for hours straight. Anyway, here's the link. Thanks in advance.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10...nRightHere.mp3

RAMI Guest
    That auto-tune overkill can possibly be the most annoying thing I've EVER heard.

Way to follow a pathetic trend. Do you have an original bone in your body?????

Thanks
    I don't like in the beginning the drum roll thing before the vocals start, but I like the rest.

Thanks
    As a engineer I agree, everyone is using autotune these days but I actually like it on this song. I actually think this is a good song, and I think without the autotune I would not like it. So great job. The production is nice, the vocals are nice. Congrats on a good song.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RD423 View Post
    As a engineer I agree, everyone is using autotune these days but I actually like it on this song. I actually think this is a good song, and I think without the autotune I would not like it. So great job. The production is nice, the vocals are nice. Congrats on a good song.
    Thanks man. I appreciate the appropriate positive feedback. We use less than half of our songs with autotune. Just thought autotune give a futuristic sound which would be appropriate for it.

Thanks
    I'm not too big on the auto tune fad either, but it seems to really fit this song well. The intro is a little too much though. In my opinion. Good song. I like it.

Thanks
    I will give you credit for your work ethic, you've obviously spent a lot of time on this track.

But except for the clipping, which it has to a major degree, it's a solid brick. By the time I get through almost 4 minutes of solid sound at -8.8dBRMS, my ears are so fatigued that the Justin Timberlake Autotune is probably the least annoying thing I hear.

Back off on the dynamics pancaking. All it will do is get people to take that song off of their playlist rotation faster due to sheer fatigue. And throw in at least one instrument that doesn't sound like it's coming off of an 80's synth drum pad. I understand that's "the sound", but all light and no shadow is almost never a good thing; you need *something* to counterpoint or balance the sound.

You've done a very good job, actually. Unfortunately you've done a very good job of mimicking the worst habits of modern professional music production trends. Take a complete vacation from music for a month or so. No radio, no MP3s, nothing. Read a book. Then, once your ears have become acclimated to real life once again, come back and give that mix a listen and decide for yourself if you really think it sounds as good as you do now.

G.
    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Glen J. Stephan,
    SouthSIDE Multimedia Productions[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]RECORDING RESOURCES AND INFO SITE:[/COLOR]
    [URL="www.independentrecording.net"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL][/B][/SIZE]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrenKeith View Post
    Thanks man. I appreciate the appropriate positive feedback. We use less than half of our songs with autotune. Just thought autotune give a futuristic sound which would be appropriate for it.
    If you already know what's appropriate why ask? If you can't take criticism you are in the wrong field. Let the masses decide and besides you are posting this in the wrong spot. Try using this link for your reviews:
    https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/mp3-mixing-clinic/
    Busy recording...
    http://nysteacherjobs.com/

RAMI Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMI View Post
    That auto-tune overkill can possibly be the most annoying thing I've EVER heard.

Way to follow a pathetic trend. Do you have an original bone in your body?????
    I apologize for that. It was un-called for.

Thanks
    What kills the song is the lack of dinamics.Overcompressed (for sure in tune with the 21 century pop songs, and,as I´m too old...)

I like the "Michael Jackson/George Michael"? vibe of vocals.Even with the autotune, which I think has a "fair" use for the song, vocals has some 70´s/80´s thing and the recording/tone/performance is nice.
    Ciro
    Last edited by CIRO; 11-16-2008 at 11:29.

Thread Information