eqing question

Both.

[Al Bundy]Back in my (American) football days I was a speedster. I was crazy fast. Black kid fast. I mostly played defense as a free safety and returned punts/kicks. The free safety's job is to roam the back of the defense and provide additional help in pass coverage and act as a safety net. On punts and kicks I'd catch the ball and just go for daylight. It didn't take too much to knock me down but you had to catch me first and if I found a seam I was gone. :D[/Al Bundy]

I kinda wish I'd done sports at school.
I told the sports guys I was doin music then sloped off for a smoke. That covers about 7 years....

I told the sports guys I was doin music then sloped off for a smoke. That covers about 7 years....

I kind of floated between the cliques in high school. I played football and played in punk bands and hung out with druggies and skaters. No drama, not much fighting, I wasn't a bully. There wasn't a lot of bullying by anyone in my day at my school. We were all the same middle class white kids. The girls were all snooty kunts. The best girly action was had from our "rival" school. I just did my thing and got the fuck out. To this day I still talk to only two guys that I knew in high school.

Oh...so then that 5'10" 180 is all fluff.... ;)

To this day I still talk to only two guys that I knew in high school.

That's two more than I talk to. :D
Though I have to say that my senior class was maybe 30 kids....it was a very small school...and I lived further away than anyone else, and in the oppostie direction for the most part...so even after school and during weekends and summers, I never hung with any class mates. I had other friends locally, and during the summer mostly hung with the black kids shooting hoops. During summer hoop leauges, there were like maybe two other white kids that played, and me. We even won the last year I played. I was only tall enough for guard, but I was pretty fast and a good outside shooter. :)

That's two more than I talk to. :D

I don't imagine there's many people left from the class of 1895. :laughings:

I have a younger sister that's always asking me "Hey Greg do you remember so and so? They asked about you". And without fail, I don't remember these people. Then she'll try to jog my memory and I still don't remember. Then she gets mad and calls me a dick. And I'm like fuck, if I wanted anything to do with any of these people I'd contact them myself. I tell my own kids that your school friends are temporary and are completely dependent on where you live. You only know these people because you live right next to them so don't get all hung up on it. Your real friends will come when you meet them out in the real world.

I have a younger sister that's always asking me "Hey Greg do you remember so and so? They asked about you". And without fail, I don't remember these people. Then she'll try to jog my memory and I still don't remember. Then she gets mad and calls me a dick. And I'm like fuck, if I wanted anything to do with any of these people I'd contact them myself. I tell my own kids that your school friends are temporary and are completely dependent on where you live. You only know these people because you live right next to them so don't get all hung up on it. Your real friends will come when you meet them out in the real world.

Do you have a bad memory or did these people just not leave a mark on you?
My memory sucks so bad I already struggle to join the dots about people from secondary school.

C'mon Greg......it was the class of 1905!!!

Last summer was our class reunion cycle (every 10 years).....and I had one class mate sending me emails trying to get me to go so we could all "catch up".
I said sorry, had other plans....but really, catch up on what? I hadn't talked to any of them years, and not even the years right after high school when we still had some connection.....now, forget it.

Do you have a bad memory or did these people just not leave a mark on you?
My memory sucks so bad I already struggle to join the dots about people from secondary school.

It's probably a little of both. There are a lot of people I remember, it's just never anyone my stupid sister asks me about.

Lol. I'm still the same guy. I still play in punk bands, I still play football whenever I can, and I still generally hate everyone.

I don't really hate anyone. I got no time for that.

Speaking of punk bands, I'm off to go to band practice. I'll be blasting my new old JMP tonight. I never had amps that good back in the day. :(

Lol. I'm still the same guy. I still play in punk bands, I still play football whenever I can, and I still generally hate everyone.

Don't you "hate" the people who are your age that you knew when they were young....and now some are like acting totally middle-age and they feel like they are 20 years older than you? :D

I dunno....I'm not like a little kid (will sometimes, when I buy a new guitar)....but I'm still kinda the same guy I was when I was in my mid-twenties.
I work with some people who are younger than me by a few years, yet act like they are my parent's ages.
I think most creative types, especially musicians, tend to keep a more youthful state of mind no matter what their age.

Don't you "hate" the people who are your age that you knew when they were young....and now some are like acting totally middle-age and they feel like they are 20 years older than you? :D

I dunno....I'm not like a little kid (will sometimes, when I buy a new guitar)....but I'm still kinda the same guy I was when I was in my mid-twenties.
I work with some people who are younger than me by a few years, yet act like they are my parent's ages.
I think most creative types, especially musicians, tend to keep a more youthful state of mind no matter what their age.
Yes, totally. My sister that I've been talking about is just like that. She's two years younger than me but she might as well be 65. She's always hosting wine parties and stupid shit like that. WTF? Most people I hang with though are just like me. Childish, juvenile, ex-delinquents that have just gotten craftier at being delinquents.

Hope you're enjoying that bad boy. I saw the pics and heard the clips. Some toy!

Yup, it's a beast. I'm loving it, thanks. See ya!

Back