Easy Audio Editing!!!!

Raydio

Im currently using Cool Edit Pro 2 and sometimes Nuendo when I record and sequence my vocals and my instruments. I'll record the chorus part of the song and get it sounding good but I have a problem. If I want to loop the chorus and put the same chorus after another verse... I find myself using a steady hand with the mouse and trying to line up the chorus on time with the beat. Its very tedious trying to line up my chorus with the music because it takes like 2 minutes for me to put it on time.

My question is... Is there an option or technique that I can use to have my sequencer snap my chorus part on time with the music when I duplicate it. When I go to the local studio around my house, the engineer there uses Pro Tools and duplicates my chorus' and puts it on time in like 4 seconds. I would ask him how he lines the stuff up so quickly, but he doesn't like to share little stuff like that. Do you calculate or what??? Help!!! LOL

not sure about how to do it specifically with cool edit... but there SHOULD be a "Snap to grid" option that is in there somewhere. As long as you are playing along with a project metronome or drum machine, the snap to grid will allow you to drag the chorus right over and onto the beat that you need. You may need to adjust the snap to grid resolution if it wont snap right where you need it to. Hope that helps.

Ok in CEP, do I have to specify to the program what the tempo of the audio is or any other project info? And, if anyone knows how to do this in Nuendo; please share! Thanks guys, keep the replies coming!

It only takes 2 seconds in Nuendo... it being a faster and more intuitive prog than protools ;).. and yes you DO need to set the tempo of the tune. Open the "TEMPO TRACK" Window to access that information.... or just set it on the TRANSPORT CONTROL. The one you see all the time. I think Nuendo snaps to the grid by default... but if its is OFF... press "J" to turn it on. And if your grid is in SECONDS... then RIGHT CLICK on it to choose bars and beats.

>>>HArsh mode on<<<

Do you have a hacked copy of Nuendo or something? It's just so simlple.. I find it hard to believe you would drop a grand on software and then not read the manual. Why dont you do us all a favor... since you have stolen a thousand dollars worth of code.. take a fucking hour to read up on how to use it. But do forgive me if you are just "borrowing it from a friend" or something. christ on a crutch.
This might seem lame... but we have to STRUGGLE with Stienburg to get the Hardware Support and Updates we want... and If everyone with a cracked copy sent them $400.. I bet it would get their ass in gear. And Now they got bought out by Pinnacle... so next thing we know , the BEST Audio Prog EVER is gonna get flipped to video just like vegas. So please.. try not to ADVERTISE the fact that you use a crack... cuz it just gets the guys depressed about working on updates.

>>>Harsh mode OFF<<<

BTW... its really not personal.. just politics. I like your tunes.. especially that 'being my ignat self' so if you got questions bout Nuendo... I'll help you.... but get the basics down first!

xoxo

vegas never got flipped to video, it was just that morons in the company ( probably the same ones who were against VST FX, auto input, direct output routing and other necessities) didnt realize that throwing the word " video ' in the title would have such a negative effect...its audio features are actually now more powerful than ever, and the new one coming soon has dropped the " video ' part of its name

and hey, no need to apologize for telling someone to PAY for their stuff!righteous man!

First of all, if you had so much hostility on Nuendo users then you shouldn't have replied, its a peaceful forum and cracking is something that peeps have to deal with. For your information, I have a copy here at home that I installed from my brother's retail version, if you consider that cracking I guess Im guilty for that. We are both having the same problem and the only reason I got it "cracked" was to see if his C.D.'s version worked right on my P.C.. We both have the same Compaq so it was basically an experiment. How dare you come on here and try to tell me off like you know me. Get off of Steinburg's nutsacks please! Its not my fault they sold out, get over it. I have the freakin manual but maybe some of us just want to shortcut sometimes, excuse me damn!

>>Harsh Mode On<<

Get a life engineer-a-holic, or maybe remove your hands off the faders for a while and lay them on a women.

>>Harsh Mode Off<<<
LOL! Just kidding, Im not really taking offense and I appreciate the info... just lighten up. =-)

Back