Dynamics plug w/ zones

mixsit

Who does comp, expansion etc. in definable zones? I thought Sound Forge's but.. nothing comes from search on them.
PC, no ilok.

Well, if Bouldersoundguy has guessed right and you mean the ability to shape with compression with a variety of "knees", Audition can do that to like this:

HRStandardComp.jpg

It's only a series of straight lines because, for the sake of the pic, I didn't tick the box to set it as spline curves.

However, I'm wondering if by "zones" you mean frequencies? If so, Audition also has a multiband compressor that looks like:

HRMultiband.jpg

It's a very powerful and versatile tool, both in mixing and mastering. I believe the effect in Audition is actually a version of the multiband compression for Izotope "Ozone" which is a fairly amazing tool...but sit down when you look at the price of the package. I'll be sticking to the version in Audition for now unless my pension goes up a lot this year!

Bob

Hey thanks.
Yeah actually I mean zones within the range of volume. For example expand from -20 up, but not touch below -20.
I thought one of the mastering apps had one and I’m considering getting one of those apps finally anyway and I hoped to cover both there. (not Sound Forge apparently?

Hey thanks.
Yeah actually I mean zones within the range of volume. For example expand from -20 up, but not touch below -20.
I thought one of the mastering apps had one and I’m considering getting one of those apps finally anyway and I hoped to cover both there. (not Sound Forge apparently?

The Sound Forge plugin does that. It would look like this:

Graphic-Dynamics_plugin_expander.jpg

The net result would be the expansion above -20dBFS and a reduction in gain sufficient to prevent clipping on a signal that already had 0dBFS peaks.

The Sound Forge plugin does that. It would look like this:

View attachment 65564

The net result would be the expansion above -20dBFS and a reduction in gain sufficient to prevent clipping on a signal that already had 0dBFS peaks.
Gads, after I posted last I got to thinking just that. The GUI's threw me at first as I was thinking the style that shows them as horizontal sections.
So (it looks like) either of those plug can do at least a few combinations of independent actions.
One more then please. Any chance attack and release are also independent ..not sure how this would go; per section, per node pair?
Thanks again BTW.

Back