Delay settings

andrushkiwt

Arghhh, I'm having a brain fart moment and have had enough of tinkering with settings and knobs for a bit. I figured I'd just ask you guys here real quick.

I am having trouble getting the delay effect I want for the song I'm currently working on. What I need is ... the delayed section of the guitars to be more prominent. So, the feedback setting on my delay plug only controls how long the delay goes on for, and the mix knob controls how much of the signal is actually processed through the plugin itself.

The channels are set up as follows ... guitar track -> 1. bus and 2. delay send. I have the portion of the guitar channel sent to the delay channel at about -3db. The delay channel itself is set to 0db.

I can get it sounding ok in solo, but in the mix the delayed part is lost. Therefore, I just need to get that delayed sound louder.

What am I missing....

Here is a screenshot. The 2 "verse guitars" are routed to the guitar bus but also sent to the delay channel. The delay FX plugin is shown in the shot, along with its settings. I don't want to upload a clip, but basically, like I said, the delayed parts (in 1/4 timing) are too quiet in the mix. I don't want ONLY delay, but I need a good balance between the actually playing and the delay...where the delay is only a few db quieter than the actual strumming.

Screenshot (1).png

Copy the original track...apply 100% wet delay to the copy...adjust volumes (and pan) as needed.
You can then further process each as needed.

Back